Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

we ended at hello


sunflowers in the summertime, tuscany.

my thoughts like to linger back to moments that actually made me smile and wonder.

I remember it was about a week before i had to leave the small beautiful magical little city of florence. And there i was found sitting at the Loggia dei Lanzi at Piazza Signoria. A place i like to go to read a book, write down my thoughts,  just being among the old statues and new constantly changing tourist, all at the same time.

And there i was sitting down just day dreaming, just thinking about life, love, God whatever that was filling my mind at that moment. Then a guy came sat next to me. I didn't take much notice of him. I closed my eyes to relax a little. As i opened them, i realized he was looking at me, but quicky turned away.

I didn't really want to bother too much about it and proceeded to read the bible, yes i took the bible out that day. It was a bible i borrowed from the church i was staying at that moment. And old, dark blue, mid sized bible. 

" what are you reading?" he asked out of curiosity.
" the bible.. " i replied smiling.

" I thought that was what it was" he replied.

We then continued talking. A bit about ourselves and what we were doing over there. He was tall, slightly tan, scottish and beautiful. A gentlemen with a backpack.

After our conversation, he said he was going to go grab a sandwich and head to the near by park to relax under the shades. It was summer and a burning hot day. I still wonder if it was a subtle invitation, but we left it at that.


"What is your name?" he asked as he was about to leave.
"Noelle." I replied.

" like Christmas?"
" Yeah" i smiled.

"Im Tom."

-------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment